- Grade level: 4-12
- Subject areas: life science, environmental education.
- Duration: preparation time, 10 minutes; activity time, 20 minutes.
- Group size: one group of 30 students.
- Setting/season: optimum time is during or at trout release day and when trees are leafed out. Indoors or outdoors.
- Key terms: stream health, trout, trees, riparian zone, nutrients, macroinvertebrates, food web, watershed tea.
- Skills: organizing, interpreting, identifying relationships, applying learned information, presenting.
To learn more about the program objectives, materials, procedures, extensions and assessments, download the curriculum guide.